Thursday, October 22, 2015

Life.

I don't know what to blog about because I haven't done anything. Okay. That's a lie. I have done everything. Among other things, I've taken tests in school, taken "Micro" (the public bus) home, gotten a letter from my mom in the US, and hung out with the other intercambios. But that's all "normal" stuff. I do it all the time so it doesn't feel picture or blog worthy. And I don't want to to take pictures of everything because I want to be a citizen. Not a tourist. And taking pictures feels touristy. I dislike everything about tourists. They're loud, ignorant of the culture, and try to still use their culture. At the same time it's ironic because I would love it if everyone traveled to a different country to see how they live. I guess I wish they would just observe and blend in, like a good exchange student newbie. I've learned that sharing your culture, language and country is good and fun. But, not too much. It's more important to absorb the culture. Not to just "fit in" exactly, but to become more like the natives, but still be yourself.

Well, with the normal stuff I've been doing. I went over to Shayla's house. She is one of the other 4 exchange students in Temuco, and she is the other one from the US. So anyway, I went over there to make gringo food for a Rotary thing we have this weekend. And we ended up making like 90 chocolate chip cookies, and mac&cheese.

These are the cookies! They are really yummy!!

This would be me straining the cheese out of the water because it goes in after u cook the noodles. XD XD It turned out ok though

3 comments: