Saturday, October 3, 2015

Casa Mio en Temuco

Welcome to the house I live in here in Temuco, Chile. I will be your official tour guide. 


This is my house. It's adorable and I love the flowers in the front. This is also one of the first pictures that my host mom sent me. It may look small, but you must take into account that Chile in similar to Japan in that it is rather small, and most of the land is mountains. So, real-estate is rather expensive.


This is our dining room.


And this is our living room. 
They are actually part of one big room, pero no importa.



Observe: the cards on my desk that I have written but yet to send, the lamp that is way to bright, my computer (the star of all these blog posts), a glass of water, a glue stick for my journal, 2 rock-eggs that my brother in the US got me for Christmas <3, and shells from the beach that I use to hold stuff.



This is my room. My host parents have the bedroom downstairs, and my other two host siblings share a room identical in size to my own. I'm pretty sure that I got my other host brother's (the one that's in the US now) bed/room. :-)



And, last stop on our tour, by request of my US brother, is our dog. Her name is Canila, and she is really sweet. <3

So, when I was looking for that picture of our house so I didn't have to go outside, I remembered how I felt when I first started messaging my host family. I was really exited, but it felt really far away and they seemed like strangers. I didn't know what they would be like, or what I would be like. It's impossible to explain the exact feeling that I had, but I remember it. 
Then, at the bottom of my Facebook messages with my host mom was me telling her this:
  • Me-
    Hola! Yo fui en micro a la casa! Y ahora estoy a la casa y esoy bien!
  • My host mom-
    9/24, 4:37p
    Ok
  • 9/24, 4:54pm
    Me-

  • 9/24, 6:59pm
    Me-
    donde están?
It's such a normal mom/daughter thing. I was just telling her that I got home safely. No one in my host family is a stranger to me anymore. They feel like my second family, and I love them to death. If I left now (don't panic. I'm not going back early), I know I would miss them, and I'm less than two months in.

 I also found this video that I sent my host mom. And I was like. Damn. My spanish really, really sucked. I knew is was bad. But like, damn.


3 comments:

  1. So glad you have two places to call "home." How many others can say that?
    U.S. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. I like the dining room chairs. And Canils. Most of all I'm glad you are in a home with a family that makes you feel welcomed and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. I like the dining room chairs. And Canils. Most of all I'm glad you are in a home with a family that makes you feel welcomed and safe.

    ReplyDelete