Monday, September 14, 2015

Región de Los Ríos

This weekend we went to Panguipulli in XIV Región de los Ríos. Chile is split up into regions like the US is split into states. Temuco is the capital of IX Región de la Araucania.

This is Panguipulli. <3


Panguipulli is this cozy, little town nestled in between beautiful mountains, and a gorgeous lake. It's really relaxing, and adorable. All the buildings have a rustic, wood look, and the view is just so pretty! We went there to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins, who live there. It was a lovely opening weekend to the Fiestas Patrias week long break.  
It occured to me several times while I was taking all of these photos that maybe I wasn't enjoying everything to it's full potential because I was to busy taking pictures. However, I am enjoying it. I'm enjoying all the big things, as well as the little things. I cannot document in photos, or begin to tell you how I felt as a crisp, cool breeze blew through my hair as I swung on a wooden swing overlooking the lake. Or the what I was thinking as I rode back to the house on the back of a pink motorcycle. (Rotary people, I was behind my aunt, not driving, and therefore not breaking any rules.) I can also not describe how much fun I had leaning to each side with 5 other people in the back row of a truck as my uncle exaggerated the turns. But I can tell you that I do not regret sacrificing my sophomore year, (actually my freshman year too), and my track season to come here. Not even for a second. 
But dam. I took a lot of pictures.




"Sauce" (pronounced saaoos-e) is willow in Spanish





Ayyy! Primos adorables!









































This is a really nice 5 star hotel nessled in Huilo-Huilo park. My host mom said it costs like USD$1000 a night!! We had Once in it. It was good pizza.


Huilo-Huilo is the name of this park. (It's pronounced "willow-willow" or acctually more like "wilo-wilo"). Confused? so am I.




Ella es mi tia. <3















1 comment:

  1. We went there over summer vacation and it was gorgeous! Be sure to go back again in February!

    ReplyDelete