Monday, September 21, 2015

Love and Extrañar



You are probably wondering what this place is and what significance it has. It's the stretch of road between X and my house (in the US) and vice-versa. I've ran it a million times, and biked it just as much. I fell here and scraped my knee using rollerblades in the winter. I've trained for mini-triathlons here since I was 5. I've chased geese. I've watched rowing races. And I have tiredly waited out the final stretch of more journeys than there are stars. It's not much. But it's what I miss. You never know what you love most until it's gone. Appreciate it while you can. <3

Now I'm not saying that I am sick of Chile and want to go home. I'm just saying that I miss my home. It has taken awhile, but I have learned that you can miss what you had and still love what you have now. They are not mutually exclusive. My host mom can miss her son and still love me, and I can miss the US and still love Chile. Want proof? I'm the proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment