Thursday, December 24, 2015

Making Navidad

I wasn't feeling very pumped for Christmas. I mean sure, it's December and Christmas is still the 25th, but it's Summer. The weather is beautiful and sunny, the sun sets at 9:30pm, and I walk around in jeans and a t-shirt. I'm not complaining, but it's just not the same. You feel me? And then I got a package from my second cousins who live in Michigan. It wasn't a big package, but it was perfect. It consisted of: a box of candy canes, a chocolate orange, and a 20 USD gift card to apple. It made me very happy. Matter of fact, it made my week. :) After that, I was feeling very Christmasy. I put on some Christmas music, bought "Let It Snow' (by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson) with my apple gift card and I made a bunch of Christmas sugar cookies (which I decorated with the candy canes). And so, that's the story of how I made my Christmas feel more like Christmas. It was just what I needed. And now I'm getting ready to go back to the farm for real Christmas. Look for more on that next week! Feliz Navidad!






1 comment:

  1. You made those cookie cutters?!? You are sooooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete