Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Orientation in Chillan

Last weekend we had an orientation for Rotary with all the other intercambios in the district in Chillan.
You are probably like "why is she posting this a week later? she is usually so good about her blog posts." And you are absolutely right. But, I have misplaced my camera cord, so it is a little bit more difficult for me to get the pictures on my computer.
Anyway, it was really fun to see all of them again (<3 if that's you) but it felt like the beginning again. When no one spoke any Spanish, and we were all either planning on partying, or just trying not to get sent home. I have evolved enough over the past 3 months, that Chile feels like home. Or at least a home. And it was not exactly pleasant to be reminded of when I felt like a stranger.
But I really do love talking to the other intercambios. I love their stories. I love hearing that I'm not crazy. And most of all, I love talking to people who are like me.
We had a talent show, and I was really worried about it because I thought it was going to be, like, formal, and I don't have a stage talent. But it was really informal, and people did all sorts of random stuff. I danced the macarena and the Chacha Slide (which is apparently just a gringo thing).
It was fun. We also made s'mores (also a gringo thing) with kinder, gingerbread cookies, and weird tasting marshmallows. <3 :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment