Saturday, August 1, 2015

Good Bye To Most

Today I had my farewell party. It went really well. 38 people came, and it was perfect. It was Chile themed, which was convenient because Chile has the same colors as 4th of July Decorations. We had so much food! We had my mom's adaption of chilean empanadas. Which were really delicious, and I will have to see just how authentic they were. She filled them with ground beef, raisons, oregano, garlic, half a hardboiled egg, and an olive. We also had choripans, and cheater US choripans (which were just hot dogs in normal buns with the choripan toppings). We also had: watermelon, lemonade, cupcakes, chocolate cake, chips, salsa, guacamole, veggies, & (of course) roasted corn. 'Cause "there's more than corn in Indiana!" but not really. Even though we didn't ask people to, they kept bringing dishes to share. So by the end we had like 5 extra dishes, and 6 bags of chips that we never opened.

It was so great that I got to say good bye to most of my friends and family for the last time, in a fun way. It's still sad, but I think that was the happiest way that I could have done it.
Thank you to everyone who came and made it so special.

And there is still time to get one of these amazing t-shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment