Monday, August 24, 2015

1 Weekend- 347 Photos

Just check'n in from over here in the Southern Hemisphere! This weekend we went to Santiago to take Leo to the airport. We left on Thursday after school, and after a great weekend got back at 11pm last night.
Our first stop was the police office in Las Angeles (where my dad works as a carabinero). It was here that I had my first Completo, as well as an adorable Chilean coke in a glass bottle. Below is a picture of a completo. It's a chilean hotdog. And way better than a US hotdog, as I told them. On this journey, I also ate my first chilean empanada (for lunch at the beach house) and it was pretty darn good. 


Ok, fast forward. On Friday evening, we took Leo to the airport in Santiago. After saying goodbye, we were standing there watching him go through security, and I realised: A) just how much I was going to miss this great guy that I had only known for two weeks, B) how much I wish I could have got to spend more time with him, and C) how my family must have felt, ten fold, when I left. And I cried. Not a lot. It was actually the first time that I've cried since I left. Which is kinda weird...

So... I was standing there trying not to explode, when we see a bunch of dudes with arm tattoos and giant speakers. Mi mama dice, "Es una banda". Dijo, "Mhmm." Camila dice "Sleeping with Sirens??" Dijo "oh my gosh!!" and we run and I end up takeing a picture with Nick Martin, the Rhythm Guitarist from "Sleeping With Sirens". It's pretty weird and goes to prove that 95% of the time, I have absolutely no clue as to what is going to happen the next minute of my exchange.


After that, we drove to Lali's (my grandma's) beach house. Saturday was nothing but amazing and relaxing. The beach was sooo wonderful. The water was beautiful, the sand was great, the views were amazing, the sun was warm, and it smelled so refreshing! Ahhh. 




Our beach house. Not where we stayed.
























Disclaimer: He was half joking, but my host dad said to make sure that everyone understood that this is Chilean beach. So, there you go.

When we got back to the beach house, I took like a 5 hour long nap. So, yeah.

Here's some other pictures from the drive back on Sunday. So pretty!










1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures! Too bad you are not having any fun :). We are proud of you. Great ambassador!

    ReplyDelete