Saturday, August 8, 2015

First Impressions

When I woke up this morning in a real bed with four blankets in the middle of winter, I had that one feeling you get when you wake up in a strange place. And then I remembered... I'm in Chile. I am currently sitting in a hotel room in a park for a Rotary Conference. I am hearing strange birds, mostly that sound like "Keeeee Ki", and one not-so-unfamiliar rooster crowing in the background. It smells like burning wood, which is probably because of the giant log pile outside being burned for our heat. It's the temperature here of about mid-October in Indiana. And right now since I am in the middle of no-where, its almost exactly like Halloween Camping (except I have a warm "house" to stay in that's heated). It's not actually not that cold, but coming from Summer, I am wearing two layers of socks, and a sweater over my jacket. Everyone seems really nice. And I sleep all of the freaking time because of my travel. We went on a really awesome nature walk today and it was sooo pretty, wet, and different. Here's some pictures.


















1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful Willow, keep the posts coming. I love hearing about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete