Monday, June 15, 2015

Ramble Bramble

So... I don't have any specific topic to blog about today, so bear with me, as I might wander.
     My journal entries have gone into a period of relapsation. I have noticed that during school, both my blog posts and my journal entries functioned as a calming and productive method of pro-cras-ti-na-tion. When I needed a break, I could just say "I can do Rotary stuff. That's something that needs to get done right?" However, now I don't have any homework, and therefore no need for a reprieve from the every day. I have to remind myself more to do the things that I used to do automatically. 
     I also learned that, apparently, there are no shoes for women in Chile bigger than a size 40 (or US 9) and no clothes for girls taller than 5' 8''. I, am a size 10 and 5' 9'' :-( . Poop. So, I guess I will have either wear a lot of skirts ;-) or have my mom mail me clothes. {sigh} Oh well. It will be worth it.
     Another thing that I am worried about is the fact that It's Your World, Travel (IYWT) has yet to send me my paper work! Luckily, I think I trust them enough to let it go, and lean back a little. 
     The fact that I am actually leaving has finally hit me. It feels real. It no longer feels like some dream that I am going to wake up from any minute, and go to another normal year of my Midwest high school. 
     I realized that I'm not going to change overnight. I will be the same Willow that I have been forever, and will still feel exactly the same. Other people might not recognize me when I get back, but I will, and that's what counts. 

1 comment: