Sunday, April 10, 2016

End of My "New" Life

When I realised that what I had been trying to adapt to had become my comfort zone, I stopped blogging. It's just kind of weird writing about my normal life. Like, I go to school, I go home in the micro, I travel with my family and I just live. There's nothing really new. I understand everything. So it's kind of hard to find motivation and material to blog about. 
Anyway, I had kind of an end of year crisis earlier today. I looked at my calendar to see the date I leave for Easter Island, and it was like:
     "In two weeks I go to Easter Island, and then when I get back I have 5 weeks until I leave leave, which is time enough. Yeah that's good. But in that time I have a trip to the north for a week, which leaves me with 4, which means that I only have 4 weekends left!!!! 
And then I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Where has my year gone??? 
:'((( 
Just about all of the exchange students I knew before I came here told me that my year would feel like an eternity but at the same time a whirlwind.
I never thought it would be so damn true.
People ask me all the time, "Do you want to go back to the US, Willow?"
and I don't even think about the answer. 
It's always no.
I'm not even sorry.
I really don't want to go back. I love it here. I love Chile. I love my family. I love my friends. I love Temuco. I love my life here.
But as I always say, just when I get used to something, it changes.
Because life wouldn't be exciting if it didn't.
But I still would like if it all could last a little more.
My comfort zone has stretched, molded and even changed. 
And I don't really want to break it again. Or, at least not right now. :)

 

2 comments:

  1. :'( solo te quiero abrazar hasta el fin de los tiempos :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so grateful to your host family for taking you in as a daughter and helping make your year so memorable. And we are so excited to have you coming home, hearing stories, seeing more pics and watching you continue to grow. You are a special person, my Willow, and all these experiences help make you who you are. I love you and can't wait for that first hug !!!

    ReplyDelete