Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2 Willows, 12 Willows, 10000 Willows

It's kind of funny. Today I was talking to my mom #1 through Skype, and she said, "My little baby bird flew out of the nest and is soaring." Which was really nice of her. I like to know that she's proud of me, but anyway, it got me thinking about how I've changed since August. There was a point when I could remember how I was back then. When I knew the ways that I've changed. But now I can't even remember how I was way back 8 months ago. Did I learn how to shuffle cards here? I think so. But I don't really remember. Have I always listened to rap music? I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but again I don't really remember. How long was my hair? How much weight did I gain over the summer before I got here? I ask myself those questions all the time. And the truth is, it kind of scares me.
I have changed so much since August that sometimes I don't even recognize my old self. It's only been eight months. No one, under normal circumstances, changes that much in just eight months. If I can't even recognize myself, how will other people??
How am I expected to return to my old life with a new me?
People are going to expect a Willow that I don't even remember. Let alone act like.
I think that I will have to find my place in life again. That it'll be like a whole new exchange. But this time, no one will be expecting it.


3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more. Who am I now? Who will I be when I return? My friends have now become my home. I find my strength and comfort in them and can't imagine us going out separate ways. And I signed up for this willingly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willow, you always seem to adjust to what is happening at the time. We love you and will love the Willow who gets off the plane in June.

    ReplyDelete