Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Time for Tanning- Summer in Algarrobo

With it's 6,535 km (≈ 4,061 miles) of coastline, Chile has a ton of beaches. Of all of these beaches, Algarrobo is mine. Ok. Go ahead and ask it. My what? My favourite? Like mine as in I own it? Well, by mine I mean the one I've spent the most time at. My beach. The one I know. The one I could never get lost at. Mi playa. 
    So after spending Christmas in el campo and January in Santiago, we headed to Algarrobo, my beach. I have talked about it before, on a lot of occasions, but Algarrobo's different in the summer than any other time of the year. It's fuller, warmer, busier, and funner. Complete with little touristy shops, empanadas with cheese and shrimp, churros filled with manjar, sunsets, and sandy runs. Our daily plan was always "tratando de conquistar el mundo", which basically consisted of reading, tanning, shopping, tree climbing, and swimming. Perfect for a relaxing end to my summer in Chile. 
   Saying that makes me sad. A relaxing end. I don't want it to be the end! I don't want to admit that I only have 3 months left. It's been a lifetime of a year, but I feel like I just got here!! I need another year. I know that's what every single exchange student says, but I didn't think that I would. Well, here I am. I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THE US!! Ok. Everyone in the US reading this please know that I love you all. Nothing personal. I just don't want to go back. Just not yet.  
But I did have a really good time in Algarrobo.

Algarrobo beach.

While we were there, there was like a week where the waves were really big and no one could go swimming.
It was still fun to play in the surf though. 


this is el pino at our beach house.
can you find me?
now el pino has a tree house. But I forgot to take a picture.

there I am.
from there I could see the waves on the beach.
Plus it's a whole lot cooler, and no one could bother me. ;b

the inside of our beach house.


we spent a lot of time with our little cousins
who were spending 2 weeks in my grandma's beach house.

this is the birthday party of the littlest one.
It was good to get to see the whole family again.
I got burnt. for like the 5th time though.


I bought these pants in down town Algarrobo. 

remember the part about beautiful sunsets??
oh. and they were over the ocean.


crazy moon!
because holding one's hand still while one takes a night picture is rather hard.
but it turned out rather cool looking

that's better.








do you like the shells in my hair? I got them done in Viña del Mar.
post coming soon

weekend beach excursions




1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs! I can understand your sadness about leaving, but we will be so happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete