Sunday, December 7, 2014

The December Conferance

We had the first RYE event this weekend. We went to Ancilla College and had a Christmas party/seminar (mostly the party part). There were many outbound students and inbound students there, and all of them were really nice. I will be an outbound student of America, and an inbound student of whatever country I get sent to. We had an international feast, played fun games, and had a talent show. Most importantly, I got to know everyone  and ask the inbounds questions. Everyone cares about each other and I think they are going to be a second family to me for the next several years.They answered all my questions, and put my mind at rest. I am still nervous about speaking a different language that I'm not fluid with, but not much else. Mainly I realized that we're all in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment